Monday, November 2, 2009

Pre-Course Assignment # 10 : The Yoga Sutras

The Yoga Sutras has re-enforced my beliefs on giving and surrender to God, has echoed humility and service. In its beautiful threads, I found compassion even as I struggle to be liberated. I love how the advocacies of the sacred scriptures are interwoven, with the promise of freedom, heaven, meeting God, Self, becoming One. This is the true essence of our practice - a prayer in motion, the yoga mala. I am most willing to put this in my own practice. It is not always easy, even with the "handbooks" already written for us, teaching the ways to be truly happy and free, even with the willingness. I guess this is what it means by "1% theory, 99% practice" As in one of the stories in Greek mythology, maybe we need to be hold on to these threads, these Words, these sutras to help us navigate through our own labyrinth. All the while enjoying the playfulness of this journey, full of hope that liberation is indeed a beautiful possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls