Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 1 (Nov 5)

Day 1 (Nov 5)
I am waiting for the plane to Koh Samui, looking a bit non-descript. I
woke up early, took a shower and began looking for a body mist to
replace my confiscated Raspberry Vanilla. No luck. I skipped the free
breakfast and tried to catch up on Anatomy of Movement. The sun is
bright and I am pushing thoughts of work away, just making mental
notes that I need do later. The biggest one says Please Don't Forget
To Claim Your Baggage. I am wearing a yellow sticker to remind me (and
those around me). It's because it's so easy to want to forget baggage,
really.

The truth is, I am sticking to these mundane non-swami thoughts
because I feel my excitement brewing on high heat and I am breathing
it down to steady simmer. This is not the place for cartwheels. I am
in the boarding area. Still, I am doing cartwheels in my head because
I am about an hour away from Samui.
***
My first friend is a lovely Pakistani lady named Sabina.
***
I am the only Filipina here at the international baggage claim.
***
I am the only Filipina in the program and I'm with about 35 other
people with different nationalities.
***
Tomorrow, we begin at 7 am for our first ashtanga session. Practice.
Focus. Surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls