Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 15 (Nov 20)

I cannot believe it's been fifteen days! We are half way through the program. On this Friday night, I will be going over my files, just digesting some of my favorite highlights. I also have tomorrow to really zone in on the lessons.

Today, I practiced only the standing sequence. This is the third day of my cycle. Tomorrow is a free day and I'm pretty sure by Sunday, I'll truly be back on the mat.

For our anatomy session, we went through the circulatory system and how it relates to our practice - the ashtanga system is amazing in how it has considered even the flows, valves, contractions, and releases within our body, all the while optimizing our breath. Overlaid with the workings on personal development, the wisdom is just fascinating.

We had a deep discussion on the importance of restorative poses and the ideal amount of time for this. It's about 30 minutes for the poses, plus a 15 minute Savasana.



We then went into correct alignment. Chin up, neck long and preserving its arch, position of the elbows. Use props as necessary. Triple fold the mat. We had a dearth of information here and sadly there is so much misinformation out there.

For the restorative, we had a wonderful Qi Gong session, another breath system, to appreciate the energy that flows as we do our yoga asanas. I love the poetic names of some of the movements. The energy is so palpable in the slow, flowing movements.

To add to my list of new things to do, I have resolved to give up soda and consume less milk from the box. No more white sugar, no more mad-made salt too. We are putting in more vegetables, more tofu, soy milk and other good stuff. This is on top of me giving up meat and taking wheat grass. That grocery list is going to be revised when I get home.

On a stranger note, I have not gone since the colon hydrotherapy. I wonder why? I hope my second brain is not traumatized!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls