Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 7 (Nov 11)

Day 7 (Nov 11)

It's been a week of fabulous Thai vegetarian buffet for brunch and
dinner and every night I have Ginger tea with lime and a little bit of
brown sugar.

In the room, I spend time chatting with my husband. When there aren't
technical difficulties, we get to see each other. I miss him and the
kids so much. Still, I "Practice. Focus. Surrender." in this space
created for me .

And then, I reflect on the day and write. Today, for instance, I am
again made to realize how difficult it is for some people to let go of
the ego. I think this must be what Jesus meant when he said it is
easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to enter
Heaven. He must be a yogi.

I am learning new ways to improve my asanas, too, breathing in the
words of our teachers and enjoying their rich portfolio of experience
in their own practice. Respect, for me, imparts the same taste as
gratitude. Deep in flavor, satiating...

I think so many have lost the art of appreciating teaching and it's
methods. I sometimes feel like students should be treated as students.
Not customers. Learning reveals itself in various ways - subtle,
obtuse... We learn from these methods values beyond the lesson. It's
very yogic that way.

But anyway.

I love how we're deconstructing the poses. Utkatasana and
Virabhadrasana were our focus asanas for the day. Day by day, at least
for this week, we've been building up the practice, adding more
mantras, adding exercises for Pranayama.

Pranayama in the morning is just beautiful. This and at least ten
other new routines will need to fit in my life soon enough.

Like my Ginger and lime tea with brown sugar. Good night, Week 1.


Sent from my iPhone 3G
Powered by Globe Telecom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls