Friday, October 30, 2009

Bahay Kubo Diet

On this stormy weekend, I have a long list of To-Dos. I'm reading
Bahay Kubo Diet now, written by my first ashtanga yoga teacher Sandy.
I am going to attempt to go back to my less carnivorous ways.

After my mastectomy in 2002, I quit beef and pork altogether. I
resumed my carnivorous ways in 2005 and now, I will try again. Because
I actually have to consciously shut off thoughts that the food I am
about to munch on was tortured and slaughtered.

I also noticed how my asanas are much much better on meatless days.

I may decide to eat less meat or just literally quit cold turkey (and
beef and pork and chicken...)

It's a good thing I won't have anything but veggies in Koh Samui. That
makes the decision easy for a month.

Back to reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls