Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 6: Sunday

Sunday Led starts at 6 a.m. The ladies went ahead and I did not know how to get to the shala from my new home. Thank God for Ed who decided to go to the shala later than his usual time. I walked with him. He's been coming here every year for the past three years and is thinking of getting a place near the shala...

By the time I got to the shala, the steps were already full. Sharath's voice could be heard from outside. He was halfway through his 4am class.

Outside, we wrapped our covers tighter around our shoulders and in silence. When the door finally opened, everyone stood.  We closed all the spaces between us and inched ourselves into the shala, to free ourselves for a split second, claim our space and then reclaim the spaces in our breath and bodies.  To be free for a while in hopes of "for ever."

Breakfast at Santosha. The young lady there spoke softly and sweetly, she wore a turban and her face shone. She reminded me of a young Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa.  It must be her energy (and it could very well be just me) but my brown bread toast with banana and nutella was so nurturing I could have sworn it felt sattvic. 

At 10 am, we all went back to the shala for Sharath's conference. My first. He walked in, a phone rang, he cracked a joke and the shala was filled with laughter for a moment. 

He began.  There was young boy who would not talk...

His words and humor glowed with him. He is now Guru and I felt love. 

After the conference, we had lunch and did a bit of grocery shopping. Today I also discovered India's marzipan and sweet almond oil. Oh sweet love. India is seeping into my veins beautifully.

My day ended with laundry, rest, and photos uploaded.

* * *
Santosha. Contentment. May we all practice this Niyama and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls