Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 15: Happy Hearts Day

It was an intense practice. A beautiful one. Tesa was beside me and I felt her strength.

I find, as I fall deeper in love with this practice, I am more attentive to each pose, embracing each one wherever we are on that day. It's not less of a challenge but is much sweeter than rushing through the sequence, trying to "progress." It is more like trying to discern flavors from a dish with the intent of cooking something like it, rather than ravenously finishing everything to get to the dessert (much as I love desserts). It is sitting with someone you love on a dinner date and enjoying the connection and conversation rather than the, er, potential after dinner activities.

Ah, the quality of love changes over time, with care. It is deeper, truer.

It is that way even in asana. The poses offer more than the pride of accomplishing them. They offer lessons, healing in our many layers.

* * *
For breakfast, we went back home and had a very nice lunch at Anu's. I did not go shopping and slept in the afternoon. Rest was calling (and I now have fever). The weather is changing, getting very hot. Tesa prepared a homeopathy remedy for me during my first few days and I'll be taking this again. We're all feeling a bit feverish. Must be from all the love being sent our way. And so thank you, everyone, for letting your heart give and receive as I am halfway through this journey.

I am sending you love, too. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls