Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 3: Being Among Friends

(Taken near the Chakra House)

One of my best blessings for this trip is having my beautiful yoginis from Manila. It was a gift when we all simply said, "Yes, I'm going." No elaborate plans, no fuss. We almost did not get our visas in time. We made separate arrangements. Yet here we are now. Sharing something so beautiful. Manila shalas represented. We are, afterall, really one family no matter what.

I went to the foyer and saw Tesa and Soraya, and gave them a tight hug each before we were called. Gela was already inside. ("One more, one more.) We were the last three called.

I was placed right in front of Sharath's office. It was a very small space and I was perpendicular to about four other yogis. My fingertips in Surya Namaskar ekam would almost touch the ceiling. No matter. Part of the yoga journey really is to find that inner space in any place. That was the space given to me. Until Parsvotanasana, anyway.

I heard Sharath say "You. Come here" and in the midst of the other hundred dedicated "You's" in the shala, in spite of my attention to my drishti, I knew the "you" was me. I paused to check. He was looking straight at me. I picked up my mat and towel and managed to quickly walk towards him and my new blessed space. In hindsight, I realize I was in a mini-adrenaline rush because my mat weighs 7lbs. and I found my way fast enough without disturbing any of the 20 or so people I needed to cross....

And it was a blessed space. Right beside Tesa and Gela. The lightness remained with me.

On this second day of practice, I felt the comfort and depth of openness inside. I truly enjoyed my backbends and today I did my dropbacks in peace (no internal meeting with multiple selves deliberating if we should it, how many , why we should etc etc).

There was a very beautiful shift that started on the day I was to leave for India...

This is the path that we cannot pummel through, although the ego always wants to say otherwise. Yoga is a slow unfolding and it is true - it takes years of persistence, patience, and compassionate intelligence to really feel - and keep feeling - the asana. "Getting it" is one thing but really feeling the textures and flavors of the body and mind and heart deep inside is where the the practice leads. It is a relationship and as in any relationship, knowing is just the beginning. Nurturing each pose, each breath, each thought on the mat and, moreso, bringing this attention and compassion off the mat requires a relentless, loving, lifelong practice.
And then trusting in the magic, in the process.

Maybe this is what Guruji meant. Do your practice and all is coming.

After our coconuts, we met up with Aina for lunch and I was introduced to Raju (our superman here). I also met Angie, Soraya's friend.

In the afternoon, after our alone time and space, we joined the Kirtan at the Chakra House and had a dosa dinner at the Green Leaf.

Full day of Beauty. Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls