Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 25: Last Friday Led

This is my last Friday led class for this trip. I walked with Soraya at 430 am in the morning for her 6 am practice. She feeds the dogs everyday and sweetly makes time for that before practice. My practice time is at 730 am but I do not want her to walk alone. There's news about women being harassed by this long haired crazy man around Gokulam...

I was very early for the 730 am class and got the top step fir the first time, together with Helena from Switzerland and Becky from New York. Karen followed and soon the steps were full. I no longer want to write about the incident on jumping the "queue" but it caused quite a stir and a few snickers as we waited. Practice begins before we step on the mat...

And I loved my practice. I was in between Becky and this other beautiful lady and I felt light and open. I listened to Sharath's voice with gratefulness.

* * *
After practice, I began looking for my my bronze and brown Fitflops. Someone must have not noticed the color or needed a change because I got silver ones in its place. I hope I get them back on Sunday led...

Breakfast was at Anokhi's with Karen and Andrea. French crepe, omelet and coffee masala. My tummy still felt extremely strange. I walked quickly back to my room...

After I rested, it was time to pack up to take Gela's old room and after settling down, I did my laundry.

I lost my wedding ring. It must have slipped off my finger while I was doing the laundry. I frantically looked for it, stuck my hand and incense stick down the drain and finally broke down and cried to Sor who cried with me. The ring has a beautiful story behind it...

I tried not to think about it over dinner with Annriika, Lisa, and Cecilia at Metropole. I tried not to think about it as we went to that strange place in Lakshmipuram. I tried not to think about it as I slept.

It's one of those beautiful/strange days in this beautiful/strange place. I tried not to be sad at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls