Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 5: From Palace to Oasis

Despite the lack of sleep, I woke up to a beautiful chilly morning. I spoke with A (I miss him!) and then headed to the courtyard dining area.

As this is the much awaited day off, I relished my breakfast buffet of toast, stuffed dosa, scrambled eggs with cheese and mushroom, the garden view and my delicious honeyed coffee. I had a wonderful conversation with my little love (my son) as I ate.

Still feeling a bit under the weather, I headed back to the room to rest and then I got a call from Tesa. I'm moving to Urban Oasis. Half the price, closer to the shala. I checked out quickly, packed and thanked my room guardians for my stay. I love that place! I know i will return. My heart broke a little as I walked away from my room towards the front desk. It was a wonderful haven and I would have stayed throughout the month but practicality (i.e., my bank account) says I should head to the oasis. It was a blessing to stay there for a while.

I am now grateful to have a new home with Gela and Soraya.

The room is nice, clean. There is a balcony overlooking someone's backyard (with a little pond). Hmmm, I am being followed by ponds, this time. I hear the cars and rickshaws on the street. I hear the conversations in the other rooms. I settle in quickly.

Lunch is in a Chinese restaurant and we went to see the new pool... We're feeling a bit under the weather and I slept in the afternoon. Tomorrow is another led practice and I need my lightness and strength.

No dinner. Just lots of water. Starve a fever, starve a fever...

My heart remains full.

* * *

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get well soon. Take lots of ginger-lemon tea.

Nature said...

Thanks Jon! Ginger Lemon Tea is so comforting. Tesa also gave me a homeopathy remedy :)

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls