Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yoga and Tattoo: Those I Met in Yoga Thailand (Part 1)

I have marked each year after the cancer with a tattoo to celebrate, to be grateful, and to remember what I should not take for granted - this life. In Yoga communities, I often see a few tattooes (some hidden) and beyond portraits of faces of the beautiful people I meet, I wanted to show a different profile. Here are some of them. There will be more to come...

Costa
The mantras and Ganesh were done by a Thai Monk in the traditional way. It took 3 hours to complete. Very brave for a farang. Strong like this strong practitioner.




Aoy
The tattoo is not of yogic symbols but is of a special meaning to her. Moolah bandha flying. (If you see how she floats up and down in practice, it reflects this beautiful tattoo).



Laura
The Kanji symbol means wolf. The wolf is respected for its strength, loyalty and courage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls