Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 16 (Aug 29): New Moon and Savasana

We started extra early today. Fire Ceremony was at 6pm. Pranayama followed but as it is the new moon and my cycle days, I was told to do a very soft practice. Badha Konasana and Passive backbends.


I believe my hamstring is healing from all the Reiki, Infrared Sauna and gentle straight leg stretches.

Paul started his Pranayama class and we do our Pranayama practice twice a day now. The afternoon session helped for the little stresses I got from Manila.  Pranayama truly has a profound effect on me and I will keeping this practice with a deeper commitment.


On these days, I am not allowed Uddiyana, Agni Sara and Kapalabhati. Instead, I lay in Savasana, on my stomach and practiced my Jiva, Brahma and Simha Mudras, Nadi Shodana, Shitali... (Paul got me distracted in Brahma Mudra though...)

The remarkable thing about this day is my Savasana. Whenever we would lay in Savasana, I fell into it deeply almost immediately, without waiting. It's as if I drink it up from thirst but in a very soothing, natural way.

There's so much to learn and I do love this practice. I find myself wishing I didn't redo my schedule but I also miss my kids so very much. A few more days till I come home. Meanwhile, I am here now.

It's rather amazing too that this is officially my last day of employment. No more Strategic Planning Calendars, no more balanced score cards, no more special (classified) projects... But I am in a place that will not allow me to miss these. I can only be grateful for the 13 years of corporate work. I did not know this day coincided with the new moon until a few days back. It is truly the closing of this time and the opening of another.

After we exhale, we inhale anew...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls