Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 1 (Aug 14): Back to Samahita

4.28 am. Sleep wasn't deep but it was a delicious rest being able to take baths and stay under the blankets. My Genius Mix of singer/songwriters was on. Perfect companion for an airport transit hotel.

This is breakfast.

I need to take a new perspective on the images and do right by Heraclitus. We never step into the same river twice. Or in this case three times.

* * *

The line was long at the Transfer Counter. I was first but for some reason, the ones behind me all got their boarding pass ahead. More efficient ground steward, I guess.

Mine had a boarding pass printer that won't print my boarding pass. It printed out of efficient ground steward's, though.

Half point for Mercury.

Alas, they confiscated the less than half bottle of Endless Love cologne I love that Yni got for me. I thought they wouldn't. I was told it's not the content. It's the container. Sounds like a break up line to me. Hmmm. So I broke up unwillingly with Endless Love. No attachment. I'll just buy a new one. Love cannot be bought but a bottle of Victoria's Secret Endless Love can.

Another half point for Mercury.

I'm consoling myself listening to Ella and Louis at Gate A2.

* * *
Aha! Free Internet! That's counted as 3 points. Full moon wins over Mercury Retrograde. Ha!

Oh, Priorities...

* * *

At Samui Airport.


So the good news is that I got good aisle seats and the bad news is that my luggage handle broke. I was alone on the way to Yoga Thailand which was a first (it also means I pay full fare). But I got here safe and sound.


I'm staying at Metta now and I have a lovely roomie - Keisha. She's a beautiful American woman who's been living Italy for the past 6 years.

This is Keisha...

 
Claudia is here too. So very happy to be with her again despite our lumbar challenges.

Claudia













We went to check out the wellness programs but decided to put off deciding until this first week. I want to do the far infrared sauna but I think 3 weeks in the steam room at no extra cost might be the more viable option. I'm scheduled for Reiki 3.

I was able to catch up on my sleep. Finally, I'm at the loft (another first) and the white noise from the A/C lulls me to sleep easily.

At a few minutes past 5pm, Paul walks in. I'm at awe each time. He welcomes everyone - all 19 of us which is good number. Not too big.


After that, Keisha and I (and Claudia, later on) had our steam room therapy. That really brings my back and pulled hamstring some great relief.

I slept well on the loft. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls