Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 12 (Sept 1)

Yet another beautiful day. I enjoy seeing Paul on his motorbike for 2 seconds right before the fire ceremony. Cecille and I were talking about it. I say he looks very "rock star" on the bike (well, not really, but I like to say it. Paul in his Ganesh sando does not look like a Harley boy. At least according to my citta vrtti)

He should ride a really big bike, I say.
With flames, of course, says Cecille.
Like Puja on wheels! we say.

But all that funny conversation disappears like smoke as soon as Paul arrives.

It was Cecille's last day today and I will miss her. I like how her voice shadows Paul's as they chant in the fire ceremony. I like the care she puts in choosing the flowers for the ritual. I like the little conversations we have before Paul arrives - whether its about yoga, the cleverness of mosquitoes, or the case of disappearing dogs, Today, she left me a "vintage" copy of the chants, and for that, among other things (like her helping me in my practice), I am thankful.

I was getting ready to record the ceremony and we had a really good laugh because when I told her, she asked, How's my hair? It was really funny considering it was 6.15 in the morning and the mosquitoes were feasting on us. (Later that day, the file I recorded got corrupted though, much to my dismay. Must not get too upset about it...)

So for my practice, I did not feel the oatmeal tightness, thanks to only three spoons full of lentil soup the night before. My reward - Parsva Dhanurasana. 5 breaths on the right. Inhale up. 5 breaths on the left. Keep my head up. Inhale up. 5 breaths Dhanurasana.

After practice, came the much awaited brunch. I loved the falafel with tahini sauce, loved my coffee, too. Michelle and I decided to go back to the sea but just for a while. We got hungry fairly quickly so I had another serving of falafel and coffee. Then we went to the pool.

We had our usual chanting and lecture in the afternoon and I was able to talk with my boys during dinner time, right before our evening sing-along/bhajan (Jack's last night) and it ended on a high note (I got to play the tambourine! I love that!)

I really like this group of people. Oh. I hear the tone of that sentence. It's almost time to leave YT again. I have been standing for so long in this crossroad and I want to really make that leap of faith THIS YEAR. I feel it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls