Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 29 (Dec 4)

The energy has shifted with some people already on their journey back home. We sit together and drink in the last drops of the month that has been so many things to each of us.

We practiced Pranayama and Mysore together one last time this morning. No one mentions this. My mental state was hanging precariously in the standing poses and I may have overworked my knee in Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana (Sorry, Neil). It was not the dancing from the night before. Just my mind thinking of Raga. Now I know the meaning of being painfully human (or at least my knee does). And it's not so much pain but more a sensation. Oh, to be sensationally human.

One word can make all the difference. A fraction of a lifetime can make all the difference. Like this month.

Already I feel the hours slipping away. I am ready to be home but I want to take the moments with me. I've packed two triangles and a cushion and so many memories.

It was a night of tratak and beautiful chanting. Just by ourselves. We said our favorites of course (first three, Gurur Brahma, and last two), said thank you in our languages, closed beautifully.

We did not say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls