Monday, May 18, 2015

November 26

It was another full Wednesday and I feel the energies are shifting. I had my first class under Damien. Simon and Rose are preparing for the next chapter in Tiruvannamalai (where I would love to go). Marika is preparing for Thailand. I am preparing to come home to my family. Strangely enough, I am still very much here.

It is raining again in Bali. The heat is now broken by a cool breeze that comes in every so often though not often enough during the day.

My practice under Damien felt good despite my lack of sleep. Simon and Rose have prepared me with exactly what I need and now I am being led how my practice will be when I get home. I have complete trust in this process. What I need to do is to bring that process off the mat and into where I am now. It is not surprising that I am re-thinking my place and my work...

After practice, we had a discussion on perspectives in teaching styles, safety, balance, alignment, the roles of teachers and the semantics we use in the journey that is Yoga. Move too fast and you get hurt, get the head purely on alignment and you are stuck. This kind of discussion is not in reference to only the body, this is the pattern of our minds. The asana practice sheds light on how we truly are. So much work needs to be done and yet we are exactly where we are and nowhere else. We ask the question on who is observing? for what?

In the end, we speak from our own cycles and experience and pass on what we know in hopes of being understood.  We offer. And then at some point, we also have to trust that each student has their own journey. Ah, it is difficult to capture the big things with such finite words and our own filters.

- - -

In the afternoon, I continued to read Radical Manifestation by Colin C. Tipping and had a Body Work session with Damien. It was very good. The circular movements were relaxing and freeing.

No Yudelele class today but I do need to practice. Bangko-Bangko (the model I now have) has such a sweet sustaining sound.

In the evening, we had really good vegetarian sushi and miso soup. It's my last Wednesday movie night, The Bucket List was on. I am thankful for the things crossed off my list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls