Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 6: Breakthrough

The breakthroughs we have come in many surprising forms. Today and these days, I am learning a new wave of things for Urdvha Danurasana. The heart is open and now I need to build more strength than ever. The process has been tremendous work but so very nurturing.

Almost halfway through my stay here and I finally, for the first time, I rode a motorbike with my friend, Marika (she drove, I just sat there half screaming joy). We rode past rice fields on narrow stone paths, dirt roads, a church, villas and finally our late lunch destination - Green Ginger.

We met Simon and Rose, our teachers, for a late lunch as us girls lost track of time chatting after practice. So under the heat of the sun and without showering yet, there we were.

I ordered vegetarian wanton and was so happily surprised to have tasted my very first, really delicious vegetarian xiao long bao! So good!

After that, I had my first guitar session with Yude. I am deciding between Ubud and Canggu (check out www.yudelele.com). And for the first time, I am plucking strings on my re-acquainted D and A chords. I also learned a cool bending technique (cool for beginners like me, that is!)

That night, I practiced a bit more, got some office work done (yes, I do not stop), read a bit more and slept. These are intense heart-working days.

I am loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls