Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 3: Compromise

Today's practice is so much work as I move into gaining the strength and space for what really is sometimes a compromise on the integrity of spine and real rootedness in my hips.

Despite the sincere (hard)work put in, I do not feel the strain in the aftermath that I have been accustomed to feeling after an intense practice. All I feel is the work that I need to do and the strength that needs to be built.

I could flow into the usual practice where I seemingly go into the showcase of asanas built over the years - or I can review each one in sumptuous exploration and really experience the internal workings with deeper awareness. For the past months I have been thinking about the inconsistency of the quality of my practice - despite its regularity. I also now feel the elusiveness of those that I have already been working on. This must be the time to go back and retrace my steps.

How much have I really compromised over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls