Monday, October 4, 2010

Reflecting...

As I go deeper into practice, I watch myself go through the most turbulent thoughts, the most outrageous emotions, and see myself slowly go back into stillness. Off the mat, I have learned to be more attentive to the qualities I love and abhor about me and those around me. Seeing quite clearly (and sometimes, still, reluctantly) how closely intertwined these qualities are, and how fleeting. We are truly so much more vast than these fleeting labels we've created. I like to think of it as how the sea reflects the sky. Beyond the blues they project upon each other, there lies infinite life forms and light years beyond human comprehension. 

So when we reflect, if we can be still enough and silent enough to allow faith in our hearts, we may catch a glimpse of the wonders beyond that first layer of light and darkness. I believe faith allows us to quiet our minds, to override the thoughts and judgments we hold dear, so we can open ourselves to a deeper sense of knowing True Love, Divinity, God, the Source, and we are able to reflect the qualities that are timeless, boundless, and infinite - peace, love and compassion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls