Monday, October 11, 2010

Readiness

I have not had the time to write about the beautiful Slow Flow class I taught last Saturday - about the gentle, trusting energy of the four beautiful people in class. I assisted in the usual Saturday Mysore session, of course. There's a certain quiet love I feel being the first to enter the shala, turning on the lights and letting the morning sun in, shuffling around to place blocks and spray bottles in obvious corners and picking up little pieces of string and stray staple wires...setting up the framed OM, clock, pens and papers and then, finally, myself for Pranayama or a few minutes of silence. The early yogis come in as early as 8 a.m.

It was a different energy though as I got used to assisting Jon but the wonderful Saturday morning regulars were there, focused and familiar. I have no expectations of my solo led sessions other than wanting to walk (or jump :-)) with the students who will enter that door.

After tonight's practice (and after this long "stereotypical" Monday), my thoughts rest on readiness. Recalling the leap of faith in taking on my Teacher Training last year after my hiatus, the first time I agreed to assist or sub, and now how I am taking another step to teaching brings to mind, ironically, how my readiness is determined not by my own decisions but a series of experiences offered to me. All I had to do was to face that direction, pray, stay open and be very, very thankful no matter what the outcome.

It was the same route for healing...for that readiness to heal, or to move on, or to love. I think about that as I contemplate on my day job. I feel ready for the change but I am opening myself up to possibilities, not knowing what the next moment will bring. There is merit in listening to mentors who bring their own experiences beyond one's own perceptions, illusions and delusions. Cultivating respect for other's experiences can also enrich your own (whether or not you actually do what was advised).  I do feel though that I should have listened more to my elders. That would have saved me a few unnecessarily painful turns. Still and all, the experiences enrich and those twists and turns are my own gifts.

In the end, the peacefulness that readiness brings is that you can trust in the outcome, whether or not it comes as a pleasant surprise or a basketful of more precious options.

So I guess it bears repeating for my own sake and those who chance upon this (there is a reason you did!)
All we need to do for now is to face that direction, pray, stay open and be very, very thankful no matter what the outcome....

Good night, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls