Saturday, May 25, 2013

I Found Bliss in Baguio (May 10 to 12, 2013)



There's a wonderful little vegetarian nook in Baguio called Bliss Cafe. I enjoyed the food and the quaint eclectic bohemian space. One portion was naturally lit and the dining table set up feels like home. Try the mock barbecue (if you're not gluten sensitive) and the delicious salad with strawberries and honey yogurt dressing. I also had a few servings of Ahimsa (and we could all use some!) In this case, you get vegetarian lumpiang shanghai. There's enough variety in the menu - Indian, Mexican and good old Pinoy, and you could tell the meals are prepared with Metta. ❤


You may purchase some of the items on display too or just spend sometime reading up on Buddhism while having a cup of Chai. Though it says we will leave emptyhanded, I didn't. They give colorful friendship bracelets and I got Punnu Wasu's CD BhaktiChild as my souvenir. 


This is a great album and it's available in iTunes :)

Of course, to see Krishna, Lakshmi and the Tibetan Goddesses in the cafe is an auspicious sign to me. 


My daughter and son liked that they could strike the Tibetan gong, play drums, use the rainmaker (and it worked!), and throw in a few coins in the little fountain. Lots of good wishes here.






I also got to spend some quality time with my sister and mom for Mother's Day. :)




In my two and half days in Baguio, I was there twice and I'm definitely coming back. 

***
Check out the reviews from tripadvisor:

Address: Hotel Elizabeth, Gibraltar St. corner J.Felipe St., Baguio City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls