Sunday, November 25, 2012

Small things, Great Love

Tomorrow starts the second week of work. I am excited. This is a strange sentiment on a Sunday night.

Yes, I am back to working in an office and already, of course, there is so much to do. Thankfully, in this "new" job, there are familiar faces. This job is truly a gift.  It was given at a perfect time and in a perfect way, with people I believe are wonderful. I prayed to be able to serve in the best way I know how, to give back and make a difference in my little ways, to fulfill my duties as a householder with bills to pay and a family to care for. But I wanted to be part of education, youth, arts, culture, communities...I wanted my yoga to come alive outside of the shala while doing the other things I love to do - plan, create, move. My answered prayer is this job. That is why I am sweetly excited (in the midst of the efforts in equanimity). :)

In the morning, I practice before heading to work. At work, I practice my karma yoga - yoga off the mat - to serve in my small ways. On weekends, I teach once or twice. Next year, I will add one weeknight class after work. The rest of the weeknights are with friends and family. Sunday is family day. Every day is for the Lord.

"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." ~ Mother Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls