Thursday, November 1, 2012

Innovate. Integrate.

Innovate. This is the word that has been following me around these days. My life is finding real union and integration.  For all those cycles of disintegration, I welcome this balance. How I found myself here is through what I like to think of as divine innovation.

I had just finished Scott Anthony's Little Black Book of Innovation and I found it to be a great life reading, beyond business. Scott Anthony is one of the wonderful management consultants I've had the pleasure of meeting. In his book, he describes innovation to mean "doing things differently with impact." He shares plenty of insights and a practical 28-day DIY program to grow the innovator within.

Why is this so important to me? It's because life calls for us to change, innovate and integrate. It calls for us to participate, perpetually experiment and then learn from experience.

That's where I find clarity as I transition into the next chapter, maybe even level, in doing fulfilling work and finding that true balance.

I have chosen to work with a wonderful foundation for a conglomerate I truly respect and admire.  This is where I will continue to do work that I love - communicating, building relationships, conceptualizing ways to grow, develop and sustain. Meanwhile, I will continue to teach in Yoga Manila, keeping my advocacy to share yoga as a way to transform from within.

So yes, the innovation keeps happening. That's the yoga of it all. That's how we make the best of changes. These changes bring us to balance over and over.

Transformation comes from within. We are our own innovators -- from the way we observe and see things, then the way we act upon these. We start from ourselves and radiate these outside. These shifts bring us closer to fulfilling our purpose - to learn how we can serve in our best, brightest, and most joyful way possible. The impact? Ourselves and a world made better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls