Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spontaneity

The fantastic thing about yoga is that the journey back to ourselves means we can go back to the best parts of who we are, the true parts - the best trails that somehow get hidden along the way. I am on my way back to spontaneity.

That's the part of me that overtook today's supposed logic and practicality. The one that allowed different kinds of mistakes to happen, and also discovered the best of various kinds of love. With spontaneity came so much joy and less time for weighing, analyzing, thinking...

I was free, free-wheeling, gutsy, crazy, almost irreverent. And most of all, I loved so much better than this.

But things need to change and I mean fundamentally. And so I may quit my 12-hour job or go on a whole year sabbatical. Or study without knowing how to fund it. I could do all these things. Or not. But I will be accepting of the twists and turns from moment to moment with a kind of happy gratitude to let everything happen.

Deep inside, I know the antidote to these days' exhaustion is the lack of spontaneity in my life. I need to reintegrate myself back into these days, no matter how unconventional or wrong this may seem. It's time.

Who's going with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls