Saturday, February 27, 2010

Breathe Completely

One of the most wonderful gifts to receive in this life is to find beautiful souls to call teachers. In this age, we are fortunate not to have to stay for a decade beside rivers or in caves but to spend hours in the midst of our days to learn and to receive light.



I am fortunate to have met that fascinating teacher that is Govinda Kai, from the deep bellowing chants to his guiding hands to that energy. The connection is tangible, closer.  The energy he radiates is within reach. And in the transcendent hours spent I feel at awe with the people he has brought together, finally, that even the space we occupied has become transcendent.

I am grateful for the premonitions, the predetermined path that led me to these days.

Today, in asana practice, I dropped back into Urdvha Danurasana and stood from it for the first time in my life. Two sets of three. And in between, hands crossed and halfway then back up. The first time it happened and I went back to standing, I was overwhelmed with Joyfulness. I hugged Govinda. (When he approached me and told me to put my hands on the ground, I looked absolutely puzzled and said - you mean my toes? He said - no, behind...)

Always Urdvha Danurasana. That asana is trying to teach me something deeper. We've gone past the first phase with Paul coming up to me more than three months ago, seeing I was ready to be pushed against the wall. And now, with another "Paul", we are deepening. I had so much trust as I exhaled and waited to see the floor and touched my hands on the ground. So much trust as I inhaled myself up back. Trust over and over with heart open. It's the way I should be. Trusting with an open heart. I can do it, gently held. I will do it again, still held and then someday by myself.  My Urdvha Danurasana, I must be one of your favorite students.

Yesterday, I posted Govinda's photo on Giving Light. Today, he literally spoke about giving light. How we are here to find the light within us and then in others. The uncanny premonitions and synchronicity again at work. I know I will see him again. I am at awe and ever so grateful.

Breathe completely. Live Completely -- ready to die when you exhale; taking everything completely before you and into yourself, while you inhale. Let the breath be the bridge to the deeper parts of your heart.

Jai Jai Ma...Jai Jai Ma...Jai Jai Ma...Jai Jai Ma...Jai Jai Ma...Jai Jai Ma... Bolo Jaya Jagadambe
JAI JAI MA!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls