Monday, September 7, 2009

Assignment # 6 - Science of Breath

Write a brief summary on what you gained from reading Science of Breath. It should not be a summary of the book, but rather a personal reflection on your understanding of the subject so far. Please keep it brief and succinct.


Svarodaya. I feel as if I have stumbled upon a great tool that I have not learned to use fully. Of course, when I started yoga, my entry point was breath. I loved the awareness of breathing before I learned to love bandhas or dristis or asanas. Still, I feel I've only used the littlest of what knowledge there is (much like they say we only use a tenth of our brain). There is a whole body of knowledge but this little book took me through human biology and respiratory trivia so important yet so taken for granted. I especially enjoyed the last chapter and I have been practicing some of the breathing techniques. Breath awareness escapes me a little too easily still. I am no where near Yogis who are aware of every breath they take but I am looking forward to exploring Svarodaya and Pranayama more intently and, pun intended, "Breathing" as deeply as I can.

There is so much to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls