Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goodbye for now, knots

I had another 45 minute Chi release massage and got the expected "diagnosis" from my masahista - "You have so much knots!" I know. I feel them bunched up around my shoulders and back and have been almost obsessive about reading up on trigger points and mysofacial release... That's for another post.

I felt right at home in our Yoga Manila Shala at the Chi spa in Edsa Shangri-La, but getting a massage is always a treat. The surroundings were happily familiar - scents and sounds and all and on that day I allowed myself more than our special space.

As a guest, I enjoyed the strong ginger tea and the steam and shower combo. Then I met my precious knots. These knots come with me during practice, at work, up until the end of the day. Not that day.

I got an extra few minutes to rest and enjoy the aftermath of my massage therapy.


Taken before my massage at the Chi Spa

Here are some posts I read on knots and trigger points:

http://blog.mendinghands.com/2010/01/what-is-trigger-point.html?m=1

http://blog.legitmassage.com/2012/02/27/what-is-a-knot-and-why-do-i-have-them/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls