Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Preparing for the End

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am preparing for the end of August. At the same time last year, I left my corporate job, at a very good place and time in my career, to teach yoga full time. Much to the varying reactions of happiness, dismay, uncertainty of family, true friends, mentors and other well meaning individuals, I took the leap. It has been almost a year since and it's time to reassess...  

Admittedly, it has been a beautiful time - more time for motherhood and friendships, more time to study and explore the other dimensions of practice, more opportunities for sharing my advocacies.  In these days of introspection and realization, I am hoping for the next sign to take me through the coming year. It is a fluid time, and more so, an honest time. I am recapping the year's journey in my heart, and allowing some space so I do not lose myself in the thought process. While we may fool ourselves into believing the world is turning us into someone else, it will be hard to prove if we do not know ourselves.

Ultimately, we make the conscious choice, and throughout the years, I still believe we just become more of who we truly are. So I ask again (and again), who am I? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls