Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 0: Travel Light

I am still learning. 

This is the lightest I've packed for a trip this long. I initially had one big bag weighing 50 lbs (as I do even for short trips). Nothing new to me. Once, I took a ridiculously huge red Samsonite bag, hopping all over China (for a 3-day trip). Lesson learned, big bags now last for longer trips. It just comes back double its weight and bursting at the seams.

This is the trip (I will try) to change all that. 

After much pruning, I now have these. My mat and trolley are checked in.... 

I shouldn't aspire to pack like royalty as I will be carrying these myself. This is the time to travel light. 

As a gift, the lightness came and perched on my shoulders all throughout my last practice at home before leaving. I am hoping the lightness stays with me everyday for the next 30 days  and beyond (except Moon Days, Saturdays, and Ladies' Holidays)... 

And speaking of royalty, I will be staying at The Green Hotel (once the Chittaranjan Palace and home of Mysore princesses). It is now an Eco-tourism hotel, perfect for this dandy Bohemian. At least for a while. If I am unable to get a place near the shala, please send love, light and cash donations. :)

Meanwhile, one stop in Hong Kong then I'm off to Bangalore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls