Saturday, July 2, 2011

Space for Quiet

"Settle yourself in solitude, and you will come upon God in yourself." ~St. Teresa of Avila

      "Compose yourself in stillness. Draw your attention inward and devote your consciousness in the Self. For the wisdom you seek lies within." ~ Bhagavad Gita

I realize it has been almost a month since I've written in this blog. The irony of it all is that these weeks have been rich. Rich in emotions, thoughts, egos running amok in what I would think as one of the more remarkable turbulent times of my life. I waver ever so slightly at the thought that the universe is unfolding as it should - parents gone mad in their own stories of tabloid quality, my nerves frayed from the recent long, busy days and sleepless work nights, my many roles barely making the passing mark, the new (and old) vignettes in this drama - in the midst of this, I am on the verge of entering a new phase.

In these times, I turn silent. I become very, very quiet. These are rare and precious times for turning in and diving deep in to the layers that cover us so we can listen to the answer we buried because it did not make world sense. This is the time we determine which is true defiance, which is true obedience. For me, this requires an almost severe solitude.

My body has not fully recovered and so my practice takes on a quieter, softer form. I am taking my time because out of this muck, clarity has begun to grow. It is time to make another life choice, one I have been putting off for a long time. I quiet my thoughts so I do not need to respond to every single question or reaction. We all know our paths are meant to be different.

In the coming days, the answers will radiate. This means simplifying my life on so many levels. If you are reading this, please wish me happy thoughts. I am about to fulfill my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls