Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 1: Govinda Kai Retreat in Tali

I am now at the end of the 1st retreat day with Govinda and 6 beautiful seekers at the Celdrans' gorgeous residence in Tali. The trip was truly a happy one with Tesa, our stories, soulful music and our strange sisterhood.

The Celdran home is such a peaceful haven with a garden that is wild (my kind of garden) and a generous view of the sea. The interiors are Filipino at heart (Capiz panels, wood, and weaves) and the energy so warm and lived in.

Photo of Celdran Home taken by Monique Borja

We had a Satsang and opening talk before dinner, talking about what brought us here. The familiarity of the chants and G's voice took on a new light amidst the sound of waves and a cool afternoon/evening breeze. It is a special time for all of us.

This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I am left with thoughts of transcending boundaries, a recurring theme over the past few days. As I step over the line that says there is no other way but the everyday existence I know, an array of possibilities begin to open. I am in a state of Trust. In what seems like a rash twist of things, I am content in knowing these are magical moments and there will be more to come.

We sat silently for a while before we closed our session in time for the last meal for the day.
Denise prepared such a wonderful dinner - the falafel and couscous were fantastic. I think the best I've ever tasted. I enjoyed the light conversation with the group after dinner.

I am back in my room. 2 beds with fresh white sheets. My Japanese room mate will arrive in a few hours. And in another few hours, we will begin our practice.
Here's a photo I took (that looks like a painting) taken at the dining area...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Lotus Pond

Singing Bowls